Marketing Alumni Münster is a club for current and former students and academic staff members of the Marketing Center Münster. It has over 1,100 members. This makes it one of the biggest subject-specific alumni associations in Germany. Our main objective is to build up a network which is buzzing with life and which will enable people to exchange experiences and keep in touch with each other. The furtherance of scholarship, research and teaching in the fields of marketing and management also loom large in the club's activities.
After the foundation of the Institute for Marketing in 1969 many former students and academic staff members expressed the wish to keep in touch with the establishment where they once taught or studied. The club was finally founded on 13 October 1989. On the eve of the Münster Marketing Symposium which was held on the twentieth birthday of the Institute for Marketing, 13 former students and non-professorial academic staff members laid the foundation stone of what is now one of the biggest institute-specific alumni associations in the German-speaking world.
In May 2007, after 18 successful years, the club's general assembly unanimously decided to extend club membership to every institutional level of the Marketing Center. As a result, Marketing Alumni Münster is now a club for all the current and former students and academic staff members of the Marketing Center Münster.
In 2014 the club celebrated its twenty-fifth anniversary. It now has over a thousand members.
Following the example of similar groups at American universities, Marketing Alumni Münster is trying to create an internet forum where alumni, current students and staff members (including MCM professors) can keep in touch with each other and exchange experiences in a manner which will benefit members in different ways. We also attach great importance to the furtherance of scholarship, research and teaching in the fields of marketing and market-oriented management.
The club's lifeblood consists of active regional groups as well as individual active members who network with each other, meet to do things together, and stage various events in the course of a year. Exchanges between members benefit everyone.
The club has created various channels of information which can be used to get or keep in touch with other alumni, exchange information or network with other people:
- an alumni and students' network: In our club's members' area you can create a personal profile, keep in touch with friends and acquaintances or found groups of your own.
- XING: Use Marketing Alumni Münster's XING group to network with other members and exchange information in various internet forums.
- Facebook: If you follow Marketing Alumni Münster on Facebook you will receive up-to-date information about what is going on at the University.
- MCM News: All the members receive MCM News, which is published three times a year. This newsletter furnishes information about teaching and research activities as well as organizational changes and upcoming events at the Marketing Center.
- MCM Aktuell: Our newsletter provides you regularly with information about new developments as well as events at the University in general and the MCM in particular.
Persons to contact
Executive boardChairpersonDr. Christian BöingDeputy chairpersonStefan BenthausDeputy chairpersonUtz RiehlSecretaryJens SulekTreasurerKai LüggerFirst committee memberDr. Mathias GilothSecond committee memberJane Johne
Advisory BoardChairpersonProf. Dr. Manfred KrafftDeputy chairpersonDr. Christian HahnMembersProf. Dr. Dieter Ahlert
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Klaus Backhaus
Dr. Andreas Bierwirth
Dr. Simone Elsner
Prof. Dr. Thorsten Hennig-Thurau
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Heribert Meffert
Dr. Jesko Perrey
Prof. Dr. Thorsten Wiesel
Do you have any questions about the club's activities? Would you like to join or support the club? If so, you should get in touch with the club's office.
Marketing Alumni Münster e. V.
c/o Marketing Center Münster
Am Stadtgraben 13 - 15
Tel: +49 251 83-25021
Fax: +49 251 83-25024